Day 2: Black Friday/General Shopping Tips & Tricks (Christmas Shopping Tips and Tricks)
A trivia first --
Black Friday is the traditional opening of the Christmas shopping season in the US which is the day after Thanksgiving Day. According to Mr Wiki, "black friday" originated in Philadelphia to describe "the heavy and disruptive pedestrian and vehicle traffic which would occur on the day after Thanksgiving." Nuff said. :)
Here in the Phillipines, Christmas shopping starts early in the "ber" months. You can even see Christmas decorations beside halloween items! Anyway, here are the few items that works for me.
- Plan ahead by making a list WHO-WHAT-HOW MUCH
- Check out the location of bazaars in your area so you can make an itinerary
- Wear comfortable clothes and sandals.
- Do not wear flashy jewelries if you plan to shop in open bazaars to avoid attracting pickpockets.
- Take note of your credit card usage.
- Arrive early. You can haggle better in the morning, when both parties are not yet tired and irritable (this works)
- Leave early, too. There's no point joining the rush hour!
The First Annual
"12 Days of Christmas" Blog Challenge!Link up and tell Aly @ Analyze This your 12 Days of Christmas!
Days 1 -3 are November 22 - 24**** NO BLOG CHALLENGE ON Thanksgiving! ****Day 4 will pick back up on November 26th!!
Day 1: Christmas/Holiday traditions
Day 2: Black Friday/General Shopping Tips & Tricks
Day 3: Most meaningful gift/best gift you've received
Day 4: Tips/Tricks to a Budget Friendly holiday season
Day 5: Favorite Holiday Movie/TV Show Special
Day 6: Gift ideas (what do YOU want? We all have family/friends reading our blogs...so let them know!)
Day 7: Holiday Craft/DIY (If you don't make anything, what do you WISH you could make?)
Day 8: Least favorite thing about the Holidays
Day 9: Favorite Holiday recipe
Day 10: Favorite Christmas Songs/Caroles
Day 11: New Year Resolutions
Day 12: Show us your decorations (indoor/outdoor)
Day 13: Favorite Cookie RecipeDay 14: Oprah's Favorite Things: What item(s) would you want if you were in the audience?