No, I'm not talking about meat loaf.
Spam bloggers. Those who spam our commnets section.
Well, one can only hate them...or not.
If your a blogger or a webmaster or a high PR site, then form time to time, you will see a lot of posts coming from a very resourceful sploggers filling your comment filters.
Because of these unsolicited, unwanted comments, everyone has become paranoid. It's like living in a house with high gates and closed doors with built-in peepholes, visitors has to knock to be admitted! Unfriendly neighborhood, eh?
Recently, I have my share of spam comments coming my way, too! have already put my comment filter to "moderated", meaning I have to approve people's thoughts to be posted or not. I hate them, because now I have to verify first the intentions of my commenter, are they legit, are they spams, do they mean what they say? I mean, it makes me lose faith! I'm sure a lot of commenters (the true ones) get slightly irritated if they are required to put in CAPTCHA before being posted. I know, because I comment, too on various posts that I find interesting.
But what constitutes a spam comment? From my experience:
- it comes from Anonymous
- it comes with a link - normally about explicit offers or a totally unrelated link to your website or blog that is commercial in nature
- gibberish / worthless text
- misspelling and poor grammar - like a poorly spun article
- comment body is unrelated to your site
But don't you feel a tweak of fun when you wade through your spam filter? I have found several lame comments to ridiculous and totally unrelated to downright unintelligible. See some of them minus the irritating links below:
- Good article. Thank you
- Hi gomik!
- Here I always find a lot of helpful information for myself. Thanks you for your work.
- Enjoyed reading/following your page.Please keep it coming
- Thanks for the post. Good information for me
- Usable, they insist to be taught that filing lawsuits is not the nature to wantonness piracy.
- Mm, its fantastic-/
- Thanks for sharing this link - but unfortunately it seems to be down? Does anybody here have a mirror or another source?
- Interesting for)) ff
- There are many interesting here. Hope to see some more in future
Are there more ways to filter them or to eradicate them altogether , other than putting my blog/website under comment moderation mode, that a noob blogger like me can do?